Monday, February 20, 2012

Robe


               Click pictures to enlarge
Too much winning for me to fathom.  I had my first no portage decent of Robe Canyon.  Normally I choose to follow everyone else up the trail at take out.  For the past couple weeks I knew it was only a matter of time before I would probe this burly drop below take out.  After  looking at it on Friday at lower flows, I  was able to see into the room behind the veil.  My biggest concern was getting off line in the lead in and ending up center which lands on rock, and it looked like a leg or back breaker for sure.    The lead in  is pretty steep and quick, and what lies below is nothing short of class V with a huge piton that would be disastrous to swim through  After a great run down with Dan Patrinellis, Pictured below trying out the new Sheva.  I passed the take out and shortly scrambled

down the right bank to give it another look.





                       

                                                   Landslide

Winning my way over Granite Falls



  All Photos courtesy of Dan Patrinellis

after landing... More pic and video check out Dan's blog.
fluidasalifestyle.blogspot.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment